We have a bucket full of quotes on death that will help you get through your tough time. Spare time to read these quotes on the death of a friend or loved one, sad death quotes, and inspirational death quotes.
Just like every picture always has two sides, life also has a hidden side; death. Death is inevitable; anyone who has lived shall die.
Besides being an inevitable reality, death is a painful process. Whenever a loved one of ours dies, we experience several kinds of emotions. We go through the pain and emotional disturbance. A part of our minds does not accept that our dear one is no more with us. Reading death quotes will help you accept the death of your loved one and provide you comfort in times of hardship.
Life and Death Quotes That Will Inspire You
- Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it. Haruki Murakami
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. Chuck Palahniuk
- That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. Emily Dickinson
- It is not length of life, but depth of life. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. J.K. Rowling
- People living deeply have no fear of death. Anaïs Nin
- Live your life, do your work, then take your hat. Henry David Thoreau
- For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one. Kahlil Gibran
- Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. – Norman Cousins
- I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to. – Jimi Hendrix
- A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live. Lao Tzu
- Endings are not always bad. Most times they’re just beginnings in disguise. – Kim Harrison
- It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it’s called life. – Terry Pratchett
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. – J.K. Rowling
- Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. – Ernest Hemingway
- No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away. Terry Pratchett
- He who is not busy being born is busy dying. Bob Dylan
- I regret not death. I am going to meet my friends in another world. – Ludovico Ariosto
- Tell your friend that in his death, a part of you dies and goes with him. Wherever he goes, you also go. He will not be alone. Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows. Michael Landon
- Mostly it is a loss that teaches us about the worth of things. Arthur Schopenhauer
- It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live. – Marcus Aurelius
- As soon as you’ll realize it was a gift, you’ll be free. Maxime Lagacé
- Our dead are never dead to us until we have forgotten them. – George Eliot
- The funny thing about facing imminent death is that it really snaps everything else into perspective. – James Patterson
From the loss of a parent to the loss of a friend, the death of a dear one is always a painful process. Our emotional attachment with some people makes it difficult for us to live without them. If you know someone who is struggling with the death of his loved one, share these death quotes on the death of a dear one to provide them solace.
Also Read: Moving on Quotes
Death Quotes for a Friend
Friends make our life easier, memorable, and joyous. We never think of losing our friends, but death never knocks before coming in. If you have lost your friend and miss him, read these death quotes for a friend. Pray for your friend and embrace the reality.
- “A true friend is never truly gone. Their spirit lives on in the memories of those who loved them.”
- “The best of friends know that they were loved for who they were in life and will be remembered for their heart in their death.”
- “A great friend is something to be cherished, whether they remain by my side in this life or wait for me in the next.”
- “Dear friends are the ones who know our hearts, our minds and choose us as their friends anyway. Even when they have passed to the next life, I still feel them encouraging me to be my best self.”
- “Honoring a friend’s death is truly about honoring their life. Despair over what may have been, but revel and reflect in what was.”
- “The bond between friends is beyond the mortal world. I can still feel [Friend’s name] with me every day, helping me make it through. S/he is by my side, and yours, forever.”
- “They say friends are the family we choose. Being chosen was the greatest moment of my life and when [Friend’s name] passed, it was the worst moment of my life.”
- “Friendship transcends death. Memories made will never be forgotten and create a lasting impression on those they left behind. Everyone became a better person for having such a wonderful friend.”
- “Saying goodbye isn’t for us. Instead, I will say that I look forward to seeing my friend again, each time I am reminded of him/her through a phrase, a joke, even an article of clothing. These are the things that will keep us close despite death.”
- “Loss of a friendship through death is a cruel and cold companion. Warmth is found through fond memories, so curl up with them whenever you need to.”
- “I am better for knowing you, better for loving you, better for having met you. May you be as blessed in the next life, my friend, as I was in this one by knowing you.”
Read More: Deep Soulful Quotes
Sad Death Quotes About Death of a Friend
Sometimes it’s necessary to feel sad and to feel our loss. This helps us face our emotions and live with the new realities. If you are gloomy by the death of your dear one, read these sad death quotes to give words to your feelings.
- “There is no greater memory than the sound of a friend’s laugh. May it drown out the sound of my cries.”
- “A friend in spirit, indeed. Let us remember you as you were in life.”
- “Friendship is a connection that does not weaken in death but instead grows stronger for those who remember.”
- “The friends who loved you in life will therefore treasure you in death.”
- “Losing a friend is like losing the sibling you never had. A devastating moment that will change you forever.”
- “My life was blessed through your friendship. May you find blessings in the next life, dear friend.”
- “My friend was ridiculously happy in life, so let us celebrate that life rather than weep over death.”
- “A friend’s death is a great sorrow for all who loved her. I mourn her friendship.”
- “Walking the rest of the path of friendship alone is heartbreaking.”
Life After Death Quotes | Life Death Quotes
Different religions in the world have different suggestions regarding life after death. Some say that the departed souls have a separate world where they live forever. While others say that the ones who are gone are gone forever.
Read this life after death quotes that will make you feel more for the dead ones.
- Life after death is unknown and mysterious.
- Where you go after death is determined by where you went in life.
- Death is not the end, your soul continues.
- There is life after death, and everyone eventually discovers this truth.
- After I die, I want to travel to the moon and just sit there looking at the Earth spin.
- It is true that there is life after death.
- After death, your soul rejoins loved ones who died before you.
- Life after death means you continue to exist.
- Life after death is a bigger adventure than life on Earth.
- After death, I want to sit on a cloud for a while and just watch the world go by.
- “Even death has a heart.” ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
- “Don’t feel bad, I’m usually about to die.” ― Rick Riordan
- “When people don’t express themselves, they die one piece at a time.” ― Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak
- “Death’s got an Invisibility Cloak?” Harry interrupted again. “So he can sneak up on people,” said Ron. “Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking…” ― J.K. Rowling,
- “Death ends a life, not a relationship.” ― Mitch Albom,
- “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” ― Jimi Hendrix
William Shakespeare Quotes About Death
- “Thou know’st ’tis common; all that lives must die, Passing through nature to eternity.”― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
- “To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, ’tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there’s the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there’s the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor’s wrong, the proud man’s contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law’s delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country from whose bourn
No traveler returns puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Then fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o’er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard, their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action.–Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered!”
― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
Undoubtedly, death leaves us sad and alone. But as we are alive, we have to live with all that sadness. We have to embrace the reality that our loved one is gone. All we can do is pray for them and remember their sweet memories in our hearts.
Share these inspirational death quotes to buckle yourself up to live again.